[HCDX] Phuket log

Thanks to all the advice re Australian ABC services.  In fact, the suggestion re the ABC website was the obvious answer!  There is a wealth of detail on that site for all radio services.

  Last night, conditions were reasonably good, but marred by a local rainstorm and static noise. However, I logged the following ABC regional services at my QTH in Phuket, Thailand, all carrying the same overnight talk/phone-in show:

  531KHz, 6DL Dalwalinu (10Kw, 3927Km)
  558KHz, 6WA Wagin (50Kw, 5190Km)
  603KHz 6PH Port Hedland (2Kw, 4033Km)
  648KHz, 6GF Kalgoorlie (2Kw, 5223Km)
  702KHz, 6KP Karratha (10Kw, 3864Km)
  720KHz, 6WF Perth (50Kw, 4911Km)

  Also heard were 891KHz 5AN Adelaide (50Kw, 6324Km) and 1548KHz 4QD Emerald (50Kw, 6919Km).

  These loggings gives me confidence that I may be able to log some of the independant Australian stations in the future!

  Receiver is a Racal RA3701. Antenna is my Wellbrook K9AY on a south-east beam.

  Simon
  www.dxphuket.com

http://mail.yahoo.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.