Log from:

Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
4190 Edward Higgins
H8Y 3M9
Pierrefonds
Quebec
Canada
Equipment:

Sanyo MCD-S830 with it's internal ferrite bar antenna

890 CUBA,   CMDZ, Radio Progreso, Chambas JUN 10 0204 - "Está en sintonía con el (¿ mis misimo ?) centro de tús disfrutas, Radio Progreso de la Havana, la onda de la alegría" followed by Latin pop, then comment by man regarding the discography of the next singer and introducing a romantic Spanish ballad. The Latin pop tune had slight apparent flamenco influences, in the style of Spaniard 80's flamenco/gypsy influenced pop/rockers El último de la Fila, like "El Loco de la Calle". Fairly good peaks; BEST reception of Cuba ON MW this OFF-SEASON MONTH yet !!! (Chiochiu-QC)

Couldn't find other Latin signals. However, on 1120 kHz, I had the Spanish Puerto Rican community station out of Bristol, CT, good with some deep fading.

I'm EXTREMELY surprised that I was able to catche Radio Progreso the past evening !

Concerning my other hobby, I sent most of the yesturday's afternoon looking for tape recordings of Aventure FM (now RTL2) out of France, my favorite French radio of ALL THE TIME. I'm into music (have submitted a review of eurodance music just this past week-end), I'm into this station and I founded out that there were at least two Aventure FM listeners which listened to them before they switched to the all-dance Maxximum format and slogan. When I'll get a tape of this station, I'll send a copy to one or two of them - especially those who hold DX programs, because it is rare for an Army (who was the owner of "Aventure FM") to detain a commercial station, especially considering it is VERY WELL programmated. Something that odd might interest the DXers. I'd really like to share that with you, when I'll get the chance !

May the good DX be with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu
"¡ Es la diferencia que cree la motivación en nuestra vida !"

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.