Repport from:
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
4190 Edward Higgins
H8Y 3M9
Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island)
Quebec
Canada
Equipment:
Sanyo MCD-S830 portable w/ his internal ferrite bar antenna

670 CUBA,   CMBA, Radio Rebelde, Arroyo Arrenas JUN 4 0016 - very threshold with salsa dura, but clearly // with an excellent signal on SW 5025 kHz as heard on my Sangean CST-818 with the long-wire antenna. ¡ Primera vez en la mez de junio desde todavía ! (Chiochiu-QC)

890 CUBA,   CMDX, Radio Progreso, Chambas JUN 4 0015 - presumably them w/ very poor with Adult Contemporary music, prob. the "Nocturno" program. ¡ Primera vez en la mez de junio desde todavía ! (Chiochiu-QC)

I'm not very active anymore, being active on exams and especially on another hobby of mine: French radio, more precisely researching Aventure FM tapes. But, I tuned to the radio on Saturday night, pas midnight and was extremely surprised to hear these two Cubans, for this 1st time ever in June, since I begun DXing.

Condx were really weird this spring. Rebelde-600 (the Urbano Norris-based transmitter) SUPER-LOUD in May, some threshold South Americans, a NEW cuban in the form of the Trinidad area Progreso tx on 750 w/ WSB. I just received a mail from the Argie Conexión Digital list. A person say that the dissapearance of the ozone layer may perphaps having an impact on the ionospheric propagation. This could be why Sporadic-E skip was almost nil on the FM band this spring and why I get these low-band Cubans in June. The Sporadic-E ionizations are fewer and far beetwe, but so is the D layer which is say to never completly vanish at night. Therefore, if I just had my head more toward DXing and less toward Aventure FM airchecks, I could have, with a lot of patience, bagged Radio El Mundo 1070 from Buenos Aires, my best personal beat for an Argie MW DX catche. But, as we saw in the past, the DX bug will always get back sooner or later.

I'm still trying on and off to hear something interesting.

I would need over the next months to join the NRC and to buy their Domestic log. Altough, there are fairly few talk-shows really appealing to me, getting IDs from some of the harder domestic catches might be interesting to a limited extent in the future.

Last, but certainly not least, I meet a Venezuelan teacher visiting our school today. I really liked our conversation. He was really impressed by my Spanish - he told me it was perfect ! Of course, he was impressed by my extensive knowledge of music, radio and politics as well. Very friendly guy ! I really hope to visit Venezuela one day, altough France is now on my prime list. DXing from Isla Margarita or Puerto-La Cruz in a few quite awesome TAs such as "Radio Rurale de Labé" 1385.9v kHz out of Guinea and Radio Nacional de España 585 kHz Madrid and, from the interior, my chances of logging Brazil and deep-South America are far more respectable.

May good DX be with you !
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
"¡ Es la diferencia que cree la motivación en nuestra vida !"

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.