[HCDX] Giving a Helping Hand : CRI love-sending project for Guizhou Children

Giving a Helping Hand : CRI love-sending project for Guizhou Children:

A new project organized by China Radio International to help poor children
in Guizhou Province of southeast China has drawn attention from society.
The ten children funded by CRI are now in Beijing to celebrate the upcoming
Children's Day.

One of the organizers, Zhou Binglin, tells the story.
"When CRI reporters visited the mountainous Liupanshui area in Guizhou
Province in southwest China last year, they realized that the children
there were very poor. So they decided to raise funds to pay for
poverty-stricken children to go to school.
"The leaders of CRI showed full support for their efforts, considering that
it can encourage more people to help poor children, and it also opened a
channel for CRI to engage in more charitable activities. So at the advent
of Children's Day, we invited 10 of the supported children to come to
Beijing to celebrate the national festival. Mainstream media including
CCTV, Xinhua News Agency, the People's Daily, and Beijing TV Station were
all here today to cover this event. They showed great concern for the poor
children and strong support for CRI in taking part in charitable activities.
"There are three 'firsts' for the children: the first time to leave their
hometown, the first time to take a train, and the first time to come to
Beijing. We hope this trip will broaden their horizons and improve their
studies. We have decided to make this project a permanent one, and more
students will be invited to Beijing next year. We hope it will arouse
social awareness to help poor children."

http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/3100/2006/05/31/Zt63@xxxxxxxxx

Best regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN
RAJSHAHI, BANGLADESH