[HCDX] Morning Loggings

PAPUA NEW GUINEA   3345   R. Northern  0054-1009, Pgm of pleasant island mx
w/M host between songs.  Over a minute of dead-air at 1000.  Then own nx
from the studio by M anncr.  Nice ID w/ment of Popendetta during the nx at
1106 and at least one ment of R. Northern in the stories.  Good PNG
opening.  Fair but fading.  (Valko 1 June)

VANUATU   7259.52   R.V.  1001-1116*, Found on this freq this
morning.  Almost seems to be alternating w/3944.7 daily now!!  Nx read by M
w/actualities including one at 1009 ending w/"R. Vanuatu".  Ments of New
Guinea, Rabaul, Province.  Nx ended at 1015 w/instru. mx outro, then M
w/tlk briefly, mentioning "messages".  Conch shell blowing, and W anncr
w/nice clear ID, upcoming pgm notes, and pgm feature intro.  Rechecked at
1034 and found a political sounding interview w/same W anncr asking the
questions.  1043 interview feature outro w/contact info.  1045 canned
anmnt, W anncr again but Ham OCs on at this time.  Couple Pop ballads
including "You Lift Me Up".  1054 W anncr  w/song anmnt, TC, pgm notes,
another Pop ballad, then Thailand OC came on at 1057.  Too much Thailand
QRM, but did hear s/off w/instru. NA at 1116.  Pretty good signal before
Thailand came on.  (Valko 1 June)

UNID.   6049.67   Unid.  Just getting some instru. mx here at 1025 for a
minute before big OC popped on 6050.  Who is here??  (Valko 1 June)

ECUADOR   4909.25   R. Chaskis  1024-1031, Beautiful HC vcl mx, 1025 M
w/clear ID and freq and ment of "Mas musica ?? radio...", then more anmnts
including pgm name at end, and back to mx.  Nice signal but fading
fast.  (Valko 1 June)

THAILAND   7260   R. Thailand World Service  1114 Bell IS, W w/EG ID and
sked, bell IS again, and EG ID w/sked.  Hrd this ID in EG and IS between
Asian lang. pgms.  Strong w/Vanuatu het.  (Valko 1 June)

DIEGO GARCIA   12579U   AFN  Reply just in from IC2(SW) Marshall C
Bennett.  Beside confirming my reception, he also says "The signal is sent
to us from the states then routed through us after we've applied our
station I.D. to broadcast to the island.  The Frequency
4.319 KHz is our nighttime frequency from 2100 to 0900.  Our daytime freq.
is 12.579 KHz....If
you desire more info you can e-mail me at bennettmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx"  So I
guess thats 1500-0400 UTC on 4319, and 0400-1500 UTC on 12579.  (Valko 1 June)

73's           Dave

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.