[HCDX] ABC Shortwave coverage of Tropical Cyclone Monica on it's way to Nhulunbuy

Hi Everyone

Probably my last email for a while as we're preparing for the cyclone at work - such as taping up windows, putting computers in water proof containers, etc

If you're interested, here are the links that show what's happening - just starting to get a bit nervous now........

This shows the current position
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDD65011.shtml

This shows the predicted path
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDD65811.shtml

ABC Radio North Queensland is still broadcasting via Radio Australia on 6020 kHz at 0800-2000 UTC and on 11650 kHz on 2000-0800 UTC. However their focus is really on the flooding in north Queensland as the cyclone has passed over Queensland. The ABC radio we get in Nhulunbuy on 990 kHz originates from the ABC Darwin studios on 105.7 FM. So I'm assuming 6020 and 11650 will stay with ABC Far North Queensland's Cairns studio while ABC NT may assume that the 5025 kHz and 2485 kHz is adequate for SW coverage.

cheers

Craig

--
Craig Edwards
Nhulunbuy (Gove), Northern Territory, Australia

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.