[HCDX] Re Hardcore Vol 40. Issue 19

Hi Craig and all,
following Craig's entry about ABC Far North on 11650 kHz I tried the frequency at 0635 UT today Wednesday April 19, without many expectations. But it was there on my AOR AR7030. I had to use very trick in the book to get it readable due to weak signal and  severe QRM. WRTH-2006 says this is Shepparton, with 100 kW, so it's really not a new  DX-station for me, but the studio and its messages surely are.

At 0651 "Tropical Cyclon Advice 23....", warning about high winds, floodings, etc. and advicing people to stay calm and remain in shelter. At 0700 "On... and ... this is ABC Far North". In a newscast that followed there was a phone report from Jakarta, and at 0712 another cyclon warning.

Around 0720  the signal was completely lost here. Well, I trust you're all right Craig, you seem to be prepared. Thank you for the
tip.

 73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden AOR AR7030, longwire

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.