[HCDX] RTM-711...Laâyoune? Dakhla?...

>From some months ago I have been reading dx reports
placing this saharan station in Dakhla (Villa Cisneros
when it was part of Spain) instead Laâyoune (El Aaiún
in its Spanish times). I think this is not correct.
Laâyoune-El Aaiún is/was the main city of the
territory. RNE placed there the main radio station
with a second station (mainly a relay) in
Dakhla-Villa Cisneros. For the record, the ITU
"International Frequency List", 4th edition
Volume I, 1-Feb. 1967 only shows the Laâyoune-El Aaiún
station: AOE EAJ203 651'5 kHz 100 kw. So the EAJ202
station in Dakhla-Villa Cisneros had to be registered
later. Morocco invaded the western Sahara in 1975
taking the control of RTVE stations.
Historically these sations have maintained its
respective frequencies (with minor changes to agree
with the ITU plans). But ever Laâyoune around 700 and
Dakhla around 1000. Laâyoune powerful (it is the
Capital) and Dakhla lower (it is a smaller city).
Then, why it seems that they have interchanged now?. I
have found some references to a RTM web site giving
that information. But I have not found that site!.
Anyway I think (really: I´m sure) that info is not
correct. A simple typping error probably. You can
check the official RTM-Radio Laâyoune site to discover
that nothing has changed. They announce its
traditional MW frquency: 711 khz and 91'1 FM. You can
find the schedulle for its programs in Spanish too.

http://www.radiolaayoune.ma/carte.htm

Mauricio Molano
Salamanca
Spain.