[HCDX] Cuba on FM!

Great tropo opening to Cuba noted at 2128+ GMT today, 7 April (5:28 p.m. EDT).

96.7 MHz Radio Rebelde, unknown site, Ciudad de la Habana; the first one heard
today, often local level and stereo, Cuban pop vocal, then female with ID and
news headlines at 2130, back to music.  Parallel 1180 kHz.  Standard Rebelde
audio, not "Rebelde F-M" feed.  Stereo.

99.1 MHz Radio Musical Nacional, unknown site, Ciudad de la Habana; 2145 tune-in
to female opera, quickly confirmed Musical as parallel 590 kHz.  Very good at
times, stereo.

99.9 MHz Radio Cadena Habana, Marianao, Ciudad de la Habana; 2153 tune-in to
Cuban-accented Spanish man, short fill music.  Turned out to be baseball game
coverage.  "Esta es Radio Cadena Habana" canned ID by man at 2204, back to game.
Good on peaks, stereo.

Thus far, no other Cuban FMers (or Yucatán/Quintana Roo, México) stations coming
in.  Great stuff!  First Musical Nacional and Cadena Habana FM logs ever for me.

Terry L Krueger
Clearwater, Florida
USA
27.55.83 N, 82.46.08 W

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html
                        or:
http://www.geocities.com/geigertree/flortis.html

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.