[HCDX] Rebelde-600

Hello to all of you !

This past night heard Rebelde strongly on 600, way over WICC-CT, w/ Parada de Exitos / Cuban Billboard px at 2145 w/ anncr leading into Cubanito 20.02 tune. It was strong for 6 or 7 minutes at least, though probably were there sometime before tune-in (however not that much, since they building from fair to very good) and around 2152 faded slowly under WICC. Aside from this one, Latin Americans are almost inexistent at my QTH, despite an expected run of auroral conditions (expected from the poor RHC 25 meter band SW reception noted by a Venezuelan DXer). In fact, there was nothing to get excited in terms of LAs, though I could have snagged some relatively interesting domestic catches, if I tried more.

Will be going to Cape Cod on the Eastern week-end. I asked for a south-facing house, so I could monitor the MW YVs. It should bring in some interesting stuff and I might be able to DX my 7th BolivARian state (Bolivian and Bolivarian aren't the same thing - I found funny to call the YVs Bolivarians, because of the Hugo Chavez obsession with Simon Bolívar) which is one of the few disappointments I have for this season. Nueva Esparta / Isla Margarita is often local-like at the Connelly's top-notch QTH, so Radio Oriente 720, 1140, 1020 Mundial Margarita and others should be easily spotted.

Had 87% on the last (and one of the most important !) Spanish exam. All the DX logs and commentaries I share with friendly DXers over the list I joined recently, which is Conexión Digital, in Argentina, have really payed off !

Last, but not least, I'm going to have blood tests for surveying the beated cancer this Thursday. I already announced that, but I'm a bit stressed. Still, it certainly don't worth to think about it at all !

May the good DX be with you !
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
"¡ Es el hedonismo que cre la motivación en nuestra vida ! ¡ Sin placer, estamos en la esclavitud del diablo !"

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.