[HCDX] Medium Wave for the HCDXer

Dear HCDXer,

We hope you may be interested in some recent developments at the Medium Wave
Circle, the premier international MW/LW radio club.

As you probably realise we are rapidly heading for the solar minimum in 2006
or 2007. This means MW conditions that are above average. In fact 2005 was
the third best year in 25 years for MW DXing!

If you have not tuned below 1.7MHz recently you've been missing out. In fact
there is no better way to keep track of what's going on than by joining the
Medium Wave Circle.

Medium Wave News, published by the Circle, has been at record size this last
year with nearly 600 pages in the magazine over the year. In fact there is
no need to miss out on this because everything from recent years is now
available on archive CDs.

We have also launched a new look website with simple and secure on-line
membership application and renewal. We now accept Paypal and credit cards so
need to mess around with more cumbersome ways of payment. On the website you
can join the Circle, renew your membership and order a selection of brand
new CDs. Explore our new website here: www.mwcircle.org

You might not be aware that we also have a lower cost e-membership for our
friends outside the UK; it avoids the cost of printing Medium Wave News -
which you pick up as a pdf file. It also saves on postage cost and avoid the
delay in the post. Great value for money! And you can get MWN within minutes
of it being published!

BENEFITS

If you are still not sure about joining, just remember the benefits of
membership:

* Medium Wave News - the Circle's prestigious magazine, published regularly
since December 1954; now distributed on paper and electronically via the
Internet as e-MWN

* e-news - the Circle's exclusive members-only e-mail news service which
delivers news instantly 24 hours a day in a safe and spam-free environment

* Access to Circle publications, CDs and reprints - a reference library of
important articles and features available at discount prices to members

* Pre-publication discounts to members on essential radio books such as
World Radio TV Handbook and Passport to Worldband Radio; save money each
year

* Access to the experience and knowledge of numerous other like-minded radio
enthusiasts all over the world with a vast range of technical, linguistic
and operating experience

If you have not seen Medium Wave News recently you can download a FREE
sample on line. Click here: http://www.mwcircle.org/page17.htm

If you are interested in medium wave or long wave radio you won?t find a
similar collection of benefits in any other place.
And you get all this for a whole year for the cost equivalent to two pizzas
or three glasses of beer!!!

Yes I want to join! Click here: http://www.mwcircle.org/page9.htm

Thank you for your attention and I hope you'll consider joining the Circle.
You'll be most welcome.

best wishes & good listening

Steve Whitt
General Editor Medium Wave News
editor@xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Full membership starts from £11/year and for e-membership as little as
?10/ $10. We have not increased membership rates for 13 years! How many
clubs can say that?

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.