Re: [HCDX] Threat to streaming audio

This is not a April 1 joke.

In Finland most radio stations cannot offer streaming audio because
one certain copyright organisation (performers & Gramex):

http://www.gramex.fi/

This legal copyright group is charging so huge amounts of money from
Finnish broadcasters that even our public (state owned) broadcaster Yle
is not able to offer live streaming audio, see:

http://www.yle.fi/rfinland/index.shtml

You can hear only talk shows but no music.
Yes, there are few Finnish radio stations offering streaming audio:

http://www.radiohelsinki.fi/

But they are playing a risky game with the possibility of losing much
money in the future depending on the decisions of our courts.

Jorma Mantyla
Kangasala
Finland
http://www.kaapeli.fi/~jmantyla/index2.htm