[HCDX] MW QSL's received for 2006 - Japan, Philippines, USA, etc

Hi Everyone

Here’s an update on some QSL’s received over the past few months, mainly from Japan, the Philippines and USA.

Definite highlights have been Tanzania and Armenia as they are new countries for me – so that’s pretty cool.

I’ve pretty much slipped off the grid in terms of email discussions groups, etc as my laptop died a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately I backed just about everything up, so the loses were bearable.

The bottom line is that now I don’t have the internet/email at home and the only time I access the internet/email is when I’m at work. I’m also starting to do more remote trips which means I’m out of the office a lot more.

So if people have sent me emails and I haven’t responded don’t be offended, I just haven’t been around to read them, let alone reply.

MW QSLS RECEIVED

Armenia

Trans World Radio, Gavar 1377 kHz. Full data TWR QSL card for CD report & IRC, v/s Beth Chick, PO Box 141, A-1235 Vienna, Austria. Transmitter location listed as ‘Central Asia’ and Beth also sent a note saying that it’s TWR policy to list this site as only Central Asia – very happy with this one as it’s a new MW country for me (CE)

Hawaii

KUMU Honolulu, HI 1500 kHz. Finally QSL’d this one after 18 months of trying. Received a ‘Reception Verification’ basic A4 certificate for $US rp, v/s Robert William Leembruggen, Station Operations. Visionary Related Entertainment, 765 Amana Street Suite 206, Honolulu Hawaii 96814-3248 (CE)

Japan

JOTK Matsue 1296 kHz. Full data NHK QSL card & letter for CD & nrp. Report sent to Radio Station JOTK, Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), Matsue City, Matsue, Japan. v/s Toshihiro Mitsuyoshi, Technical Division, return address as Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Matsue Station, Nada-machi 1-21, Matsue City 690-8601 Shimane prefecture (CE)

JOTS Wakkanai 1368 kHz.  Full data HBC network QSL for CD report & nrp. No v/s, Hokkaido Broadcasting Co Ltd, Nishi-5 kita-1, Chuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido 060-8501 Japan (CE)

JOLF Tokyo 1242 kHz. Full data Nippon Broadcasting System QSL card for CD report, address 9-3, 1 chome, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8439 (CE)

JOPB Shizuoka 639 kHz & JOPK Shizuoka 882 kHz. Partial data NHK Shizuoka QSL card but at least both frequencies written on it. Report sent to Radio Station JOPB & JOPK, Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), Shizuoka City, Shizuoka, Japan. (CE)

JOQC Morioka 1386 kHz. Full data NHK Morioka QSL & sticker, no v/s, address Japan Broadcasting Co. of Morioka Station, 4-1-3, Ueda, Morioka Shi, Iwate, 020-8555 Japan. (CE)

JOIF Fukuoka 1413 kHz. Full data KBC QSL card & calendar for CD report, no v/s, address Kyushu Asahi Broadcasting Co Ltd, 1-1, Nagahama 1-chome, Chou-ku, Fukuoka 810-8571 (CE)

JOHB Sendai 1089 kHz. Full data NHK Sendai QSL card, stickers & postcard from NHK Sendai Office. I sent my report to NHK HQ Tokyo & requested they forward my report to the regional station. (CE)

JOUK Akita 1503 kHz. Friendly verification letter, nice JOUK QSL card, postcards and NHK sticker for CD report, v/s Hirokazu Toyota, Manager, Akita Broadcasting Station, 1-1-2 Sanno, Akita, 010-8501 Japan (CE)

JOUB Akita 774 kHz. Received a week after JOUK QSL also from Akita station. Verification letter, JOUB QSL card, postcards and NHK sticker v/s Hirokazu Toyota, Manager, Akita Broadcasting Station, 1-1-2 Sanno, Akita, 010-8501 Japan (CE)

JOKP Kitami 1188 kHz. No data card and NHK Kitami colour brochure for EE report sent direct to address simply as Radio Station JOKP, Nippon Hoso Kyokai NHK, Kitami City, Kitami, Japan (CE)

JOPG Kushiro 585 kHz. Full data JOPG NHK Kushiro QSL card for CD & nrp. Report sent to Radio Station JOPG, Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), Kushiro City, Kushiro
Japan. (CE)

JOGB Kumamoto 873 kHz. Full data NHK Kumamoto network QSL card for report sent to Radio Station JOGB Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), Kumamoto City, Kumamoto Japan. Return address as NHK Kumamoto Station, 2-7 Chibajo machi, Kumamoto-shi, Kumamoto-ken 860-8602 Japan. (CE)

JOGK Kumamoto 756 kHz. Full data NHK Kumamoto network QSL card for report sent to Radio Station JOGBNippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), Kumamoto City, Kumamoto Japan. Return address as NHK Kumamoto Station, 2-7 Chibajo machi, Kumamoto-shi, Kumamoto-ken 860-8602 Japan. 2 separate cards for JOGK & JOGB sent in same envelope. (CE)

JOQG Morioka 531 kHz. Full data JOQG/JOQC NHK Morioka QSL for report sent to Radio Station JOQG, Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), Morioka City, Morioka, Japan. However EE address on QSL card as Japan Broadcasting Co. of Morioka Station, 4-1-3, Ueda, Morioka Shi, Iwate, 020-8555 Japan. (CE)

JOQM Abashiri 1449 kHz.  Full data HBC network QSL for CD report & nrp. No v/s, Hokkaido Broadcasting Co Ltd, Nishi-5 kita-1, Chuo-ku, Sapporo Hokkaido 060-8501 Japan (CE)

JOBR Kyoto 1143 kHz. Full data JOBR QSL card, address as KBS Kyoto Broadcasting System Co Ltd, Kamichojamachi, Karasumadori, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto 602-8588 Japan (CE)

Kuwait

Voice of America 1593 kHz. Full data colour letter of verification certificate for IRC & rpt sent to Kuwait, v/s George Miller, TX Plant Supervisor, Kuwait Transmitting Station, c/- American Embassy – Bayan, PO Box 77, Safat, 13001 Kuwait (CE)

Radio Sawa 1548 kHz. Separate full data colour letter of verification certificate for rpt sent to Kuwait with previous entry, v/s George Miller, TX Plant Supervisor, Kuwait Transmitting Station, c/- American Embassy – Bayan, PO Box 77, Safat, 13001 Kuwait (CE)

Philippines

DZAR Quezon City 1026 kHz. Received a friendly partial data email verification confirming my reception of DZAR v/s Luciano Pili. There was no address in the 2006 WRTH where there are still listed under National Broadcasting Corporation, however they are actually Sonshine Radio. I found a basic DZAR website so emailed report to dzar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The verification listed their physical address as DZAR Sonshine Radio, Suite 3004, 30/F Jollibee Plaza Building, F Ortigas Jr Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines 1600 (CE)

DZYI Ilagan 711 kHz & DXAQ Lucena City 1404 kHz. Found the Sonshine Radio website at www.kingdomofjesuschrist.org and emailed a report as WRTH 2006 shows old listing for DZYI 711 being the National Broadcasting Corporation with only partial address and DXAQ as the End Time Mission with only a partial address. After a couple of days delighted to receive friendly email with colour letterhead as “The Kingdom of Jesus Christ” from v/s Pastor Apollo C Quiboloy, ‘Appointed Son of God’ as his title, jcintl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Received another email from Sonshine Radio from another staff member saying they would read my report on their live network TV show that goes via the ACQ Kingdom Broadcasting Network via Globecast World TV in USA, Canada and parts of Asia. (CE)

DYSB Bacolod City 1179 kHz. Full data email from v/s Butch V Gonzales BVGonzales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx after report with CD sent to GMA headquarters as GMA Network Inc., EDSA Corner Timog Avenue, Diliman 1103 Quezon City, Philippines. (CE)

DXIM Cagayan de Oro 936 kHz. Received friendly email verification for CD report & nrp. v/s Romeo Capinpuyan, Senior Announcer, romeo_capinpuyan@xxxxxxxxx who has been at the station for 22 years (CE)

DXGO Davao City 855 kHz. Received nice email verification for snail mail report v/s Bonie Achacoso, DXGO Radio Announcer achacoso26@xxxxxxxxx (CE)

DYVS Bacolod City 1233 kHz. Detailed email verification for a snail mail report. v/s Ralph Belzunce, Station Manager, PO Box 393, Km 7 Pahanocoy, Bacolod City, 6100 Negros Occidental, Philippines (CE)

DYAB Cebu City 1512 kHz. Great email veri after follow up from v/s Leo Lastimosa, General Manager leo_lastimosa@xxxxxxxxxxx (CE)

DWLC Lucena City, 1017 kHz. Full data QSL letter on PBS letterhead v/s Menchie C Bodino, Program Supervisor (CE)

South Korea

AFN Youngsan 1530 kHz and Kunsan AB 1440 kHz.  Full data verification letter received from v/s Wally Cornelison, Operations Manager, American Forces Network Korea, Unit 15324 APO AP 96205-5324 (CE)

Taiwan

Taiwan Area Fishery Broadcasting Station 1593 kHz. Full data Verification of Reception letter v/s illegible Taiwan Area Fishery Broadcasting Station, 5 Yukang No 2nd Road, Kaosiung 806 (CE)

BEE Chiao Yu Broadcasting Service 1494 kHz. Full data QSL for CD report, no v/s, address National Education Radio, No. 41, Nan-Hai Road, Taipei, Taiwan (CE)

Tanzania

Radio Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam 1214 kHz. Full data QSL & friendly letter for registered mail & $US. Veri signers Ndaro Nyamwocha, PO Box 9191, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. He states currently they are running 10kW with this transmitter. Really happy to verify this, new country #91 (CE)

USA

KVNR Santa Ana, CA 1480 kHz. Full data ‘Little Saigon Radio’ QSL for $US v/s Joe D Dinh, Technical Department, Little Saigon Radio, 15781 Brookhurst St #101, Westminster CA 92683 (CE)

KRVN Lexington NE 880 kHz. Full data QSL card emailed as a pdf from Vern Killion W5UYF vkillion@xxxxxxxx for $US. Later received snail mail package with sticker, same QSL card and station promo material from Vern, address as KRVN 880/92.1FM, 1007 Plum Creek Parkway, PO Box 880, Lexington NE 68850-0880 USA (CE)

KFBK Sacramento CA 1530 kHz. Verification email from Alan Eisenson, Operations Manager Talk 650 KSTE/News Talk 1530 KFBK, Clear Channel Radio Sacramento AlanEisenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for a snail mail report & $US to address of 1440 Ethan Way, Suite 200, Sacramento CA 95825 USA  (CE)

KVNS Brownsville, TX 1700 kHz. Friendly full data verification letter for $US rp, v/s John Munoz, IT Manager – Engineering Assistant, 901 E. Pike Blvd, Weslaco TX 78596 dx@xxxxxxxx (CE)

KKMC Salinas, CA 880 kHz. Full data QSL card style letter for $US rp, no v/s, address as 30 East San Joaquin, Salinas CA 93901 (CE)\

KYAA Soquel, CA 1200 kHz. Partial data email verification after snail mail follow up report sent, v/s Hines Espinoza espinoza@xxxxxxxxxxxx who states his disappointment that they’ve changed format from Oldies Music to Hindi programming! (CE)

KOKC Oklahoma City, OK 1520 kHz. Full data QSL (yaaaah QSL cards still exist!!!) for $US v/s Dee
Garrison, 400 E. Britton Road, Oklahoma City OK 73114. (CE)

KKZZ Ventura, CA 1590 kHz. Full data verification letter for $US, v/s Lisa Osborn, Program Director, 2284 S. Victoria Ave, Suite 2G Ventura CA 93003 (CE)

KDIS Los Angeles, CA 1110 kHz. Full data verification letter, Radio Disney shoelaces & Radio Disney/KDIS mousepad for $US, v/s Mike Worrall, Chief Engineer, 3321 S. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90016 (CE)

WISN Milwaukee, WI 1130 kHz. Full data email verification from v/s Kent Winrich K9EZ, Chief Engineer kentwinrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (CE)

KYKN Keizer OR 1430 kHz. PD card for $US v/s M Firth (CE)

KFWB Los Angeles, CA 980 kHz. QSL card colour pdf
and email verifying f/up report, v/s Paul Sakrison, Chief Engineer phsakrison@xxxxxxxxxxxx (CE)

KYOS Los Angeles CA 1480 kHz.  Full data QSL letter for US $1 note v/s Dennis Daily, Program Director, 1020 W Main, Merced CA 95340 (CE)

KJR Seattle WA 950 kHz. Full data QSL letter for US $1 bill v/s Doug Irwin, Chief Engineer  (CE)

KXTK San Luis Obispo CA 1280 kHz. Full data verification letter for IRC (which was returned) v/s Milos Nemcik, Engineering Staff, PO Box 14910, San Luis Obispo CA 93406 (CE)

Cheers

Craig

Craig Edwards
Nhulunbuy (Gove), Northern Territory, Australia
nutritionandsports@xxxxxxxxxxx
ced34654@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/nhulunbuy_2005_12.dx
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions see Australia