[HCDX] Re Algeria shortwave

I've got some problems in getting thru my messages.
So, I'll resend this one. My apologizes if this is
a duplicate. The original credits may've been lost.
Jari
-------

Jan 24 I came to 17840 around 1220 and noted them [Algeria]
with good signal. Lady hosted a talk/phone-in programme
in French. I guess it was rather educated discussion as
the callers/studio guests were titled doctors and professors.
Parallel was found on 15255 with similar good signal.
Couple of minutes before TOH a bunch of ads, Hyundai,
Toyota etc and around 1300, as Noel mentions, several mentions
of "Radio Algerienne". I had to leave the house at that time, so no
idea when the s-off was. I agree, this is possibly a relay via?.
73
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

-------
Noel R Green wrote [dxld]:
-------

 Re: [dxld] Algeria back on SW; relay?

Re Algeria...............I tuned 17840 today (Jan.24) after Romania (in
French) went off 17845 at c1157.  There was nothing audible at first but
then a station "crash started" on the hour. The transmission was in French
but a poor signal with lots of fading.

However, 'things' improved a little in the next hour and I was finally able
to hear a clear ID at 1300 as "Radio Algerienne", and this was heard several
times. Time pips were heard at 1300 but prior to that mostly talk/discussion
between a man and a woman and after 1300 what seemed like a news broadcast.
I could not stay with it longer to hear what time it went off.

This didn't sound like a resurrection of one of the old Algerian units and,
on checking I found this signal was almost the same strength and fading as
Woofferton 17640 while Issoudun 17620 was much weaker.

73 Noel R. Green (NW England)