[HCDX] I&B to set up radio towers in seven cities

NEW DELHI: In an effort to upgrade infrastructure, the
information and broadcasting ministry's standing
finance committee on Monday cleared a project for
setting up towers in seven cities.

The estimated cost of the project is above Rs 18 crore
and towers will be set up in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata,
Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Jaipur. The project
has already received Cabinet clearance.

"This upgradation comes after the bidding for the
second phase of FM radio has been completed and is
part of an exercise to upgrade equipment with 165
frequencies being allotted now and the existing 108
frequencies from phase I," a senior official said.

The bidding for the second phase of private FM radio
stations for 17 cities spread across eastern zone took
place last week. In all, 59 bids were received for 66
frequencies

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1383856.cms
Jaisakthivel,
Ardic DX Club,