Re: [HCDX] Radio Noise from a Hail Storm?

Also ... take precautions ... we were using beverage antennas in
Sheigra, and during a hailstorm we were hearing "clicks" in the room.
We were having a coffee break due to the high noise floor. Looked at
where the clicks were coming from, and there were sparks jumping from
the aerial connectors to the receivers' earthed cases.

Mark

--

At 23:43 +0100 20/1/06, Bjarne Mjelde wrote:
>Static.  Totally normal phenomenon, although a nuisance when conditions
>are good... I experience this during snow falls with moderate to heavy
>winds and during periods with blowing fallen snow (heavy winds).  Remedy:
>Wait for it to stop.
>
>Bjarne

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.