[HCDX] very recent DX logs

Hello to all of you !

I recently put the speakers back to the computer, since I begun to get bored with the same Quebecor and American music played over and over on most FMers and since E-skip condx were almost nil, I can't say it was a bad idea. In any event, I begun again to listen to old airchecks I have on my old computer of Irish pirates and 80's French radio (I have real-audio and MP3 recordings with all the French early private stations, BUT the best one, Aventure FM, of course).

Still, this Friday, it was a pedagocial day and when they were commercial on the Doc Mailloux psychological/relationships show on our local CKAC-730 (my favorite talkshow !), I tuned to FM and heard one of my steadiest Es signals ever on 89.7 - it's also the first time I get sporadic-Es in the month.

Waked up early the other Sunday morning (not the one of this long week-end) and listened to the radio for a couple of minutes. I had my STRONGEST EVER signal out of La Voz de tu Conciencia Colombian on 6010, but summer is definitively not the time, if you want to log or to SWL for Radio Mil out of Mexico, because they way the D layer is dispearing with Mexico and Montreal being further north than Colombia, it is La Voz de tu Conciencia which is favoured like I thought. Also Rebelde-5025 was surprisinignly weaker than expected. Details below:

MW:

530 TURKS AND CAICOS,   RVC-Int., South Caicos MAY 12 0317 - Man saying "...Radio Visión Cristiana Internacional..." noted in passing while checking what Latin sigs I could find and this was the only one that made through the residual D layer absorption which kills long-haul longwave, mediumwave and tropical bands DX durign the spring and summer months. Possible Cuba on 1 or 2 frequencies, mainly 890, but EXTREMELY threshold. Caicos-530 was good though. (Chiochiu-QC)

SW:

5025 CUBA,   Radio Rebelde, La Havana MAY 14 0824 - with program of contemporary Cuban music. Only fair-good, not huge like expected, in 5030 splash. (Chiochiu-QC)

6010 COLOMBIA,   La Voz de tu Conciencia, Puerta Lleras MAY 14 0821 - with back-to-back songs of the "música llanera" type, in the style of the YV singer Reynaldo Armas. VERY strong ! My best-ever reception of this station ! (Chiochiu-QC)

FM:

89.7 - K-Smurf, MAY 19 1245 EDT - with gospel mx, mainly gospel alternative rock. Very steady !!! Also weak signals between 90.1 and 90.7 and enhanced condx to Ottawa. Seemed to be from Nebraska, but don't know for sure. 89.9 had only Ottawa's Hot 89.9 despite the low frequency and the higher amount of Es. Sadly, I changed the QRG for 90.9 just to loose the identification and to re-ID the weak semi-local (which was enhanced by tropo) in Malone, NY on this channel. FIRST opening of the 2006 Es season ! (Chiochiu-QC)

Equipment:
Sanyo MCD-S830 w/ internal ferrite bar antenna
Sangean CST-818
Mazda Protégé 2002 car-radio for the Es and tropo DX

May good DX be with all of you !
Bogdan Chiochiu
"La jalousie est un grand pieux dans l'évolution spirituelle !"

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.