[HCDX] I have talked to R. Santa Monica, Cusco

[HCDX] I have talked to R. Santa Monica, Cusco

Quito 13/10 2005

Thursday 2nd edition:

I have talked by telephone to
Radio Santa Monica, Cusco:

The telephone number to Radio Santa Monica, Cusco
(+51 84) 225160 ls not correct. I just talked to
the owner of this telephone, a very nice woman.
She gave me the new number: (+51 84) 225357. I
sked her if she know something about Radio Santa
Monica. She said Santa Monica is transmitting as
normal with the same name "Radio Santa Monica" on
MW and FM but said she does not know anyhing
about the shortwave frequency. She said also that
Radio Nacional del Perú is not transmitting from
Cusco.

EXACTLY the same informtion had a woman working
at Radio Santa Monica when I talked to the
station using their new telephone number. She
does not know anything about Santa Monica
relaying Radio Nacional del Perú.

I´m wondering if the station on 4965.82 really is
a part of Radio Santa Monica MW/FM or some kind
of a pirate station? A very strange story, but I
will go on listening to this unID "Radio Nacional
del Perú" on 4965.82 kHz.

Comments, photos and recordings at:
http://www.malm-ecuador.com

73s Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador