[HCDX] Spain-585 on a barefoot Sanyo MCD-S830 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[HCDX] Spain-585 on a barefoot Sanyo MCD-S830 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuned to Cuba-670 (wich will be in tomorrow's report) for an hour, then to some domestics, then was tired because Latin condx were really poor, so I decided to tune east/west instead of north/south - had a tape noise-like sound on the high-side of 600 (603 there is Spain or France) then between 580 and 590, it was nothing in the beginning then female vocal (sounded Spanish and fairly similar to Ana Torroja but too poor to be sure) made through followed by man in SS with believed or not "Radio Nacional de España" ID at 2213 EDT (0213 UTC) and the signal was somewhat fair (!) at peak - I taped the 603 "het" (true hets are only possible in SSB, so what actually was that ?), but can't tape the 585 reception (due to tape noises) - I'm gonna take my Audiovox microphone recorder (I have no choice). Now back (0223), very threshold with man talk.

I'm litterally in a state of shock !

Someone ought to meet me for a DX session when I'll finnish the chemio to see this super DX machine that this radio is (despite sometimes alignement problem). It reminds of the nights in the beginning of November when Barranquilla-760 was local-like and I disturbed Shawn Axelrod on the phone the next morning. It will be interesting to compare the Sanyo MCD-S830 barefoot with the Sony 2010 barefoot to see wich have the edge, it beats by far the two Sangeans I used. And a radio with CD player and tape recorder, nothing to compare with what most will consider a "DX portable". If I was in Quebec City, the reception might have been even better.

My radio is the best !!!!!! Under extra-good conditions, this should have an even better signal, I think !

Should be great on dawn enhancement !!

Back to the stuff !,
Be the good DX stuff like this with you, I'm back to the dials at 10:35 PM EDT,
Bogdan

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom