[HCDX] three Latin receptions from this evening and WSB

[HCDX] three Latin receptions from this evening and WSB

750 unID, SEP 24 0212 UTC - with rapid-fire announcer mixing with WSB. Both very poor. HJDK and YVKS both possible, though the later MUCH more likely and with YVQO-640 (Union Radio) it fights usually for the strongest YV and South American presence on the Montreal's AM dial. (Chiochiu-QC)

840 unID, SEP 24 0024 UTC - Poor with salsa music before WHAS faded in too strong. Doble V (CMHV) most likely, though HJ Doble K and a Venezuelan (YVMY, a good beat for the Lara state by the way, on the car-radio since my Sanyo MCD-S830 don't work well on 800-1000 kHz !) are possibles too. (Chiochiu-QC)

1110 VENEZUELA, YVQT, Carúpano, Sucre SEP 23 2333 UTC - (p) with Spanish music fading up briefly under WUHN and WBT. Presumed logging on hearing this on a regular basis. (Chiochiu-QC)

Domestic DX:

750 WSB Atlanta, GA SEP 23 2213 EDT - "Continuous coverage of the Rita Hurricane (?) (?) Depending on 7-50 WSB". Poor with the SS station (most likely YVKS "RCR") faded out since almost a minute (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Chiochiu
DX'ing from Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island), QC
in the car using the Mazda Protégé's stuck radio and at home using the Sanyo MCD-S830 barefoot

Tonight I'm less tired than on previous day and I hope to be up late for continuing to DX. Conditions toward domestic DX looks excellent, maybe it's a good time to try for some Canadian Maritime DX.

Right now I am listening to a remake of Soda Estereo's classic "De Musica Ligera" by (probably) an YV group on Kys over the Internet, but I'm leaving the computer now.

Be the good DX stuff with you,
Bogdan

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom