[HCDX] DX this evening (not really or at all !)

[HCDX] DX this evening (not really or at all !)

Auroral absorbion is so great, there is no skywave at all on the AM dial. WICY Malone, NY on 1490 kHz is somewhat fair and mostly all alone. Not even a peep from WIKE in VT wich dominates the channel just before sunset, when the dozens+ GYers make this channel mostly an incomprehensible mess.

Nothing, not even Carúpano-1110 and Carúpano is mostly straight south from Montreal, 4000 kilometers, very slightly east of an almost straight south bearing and should be good at this early evening hour, sometimes cutting very well through WBT and WUHN-Mass. (both absent obviously). Last night they were weak for about 2 minutes when I tuned into them, then WBT took over with them fading out until powerline noises killed any DX up to about 10 PM when before going to bed, the noises ceased, but not a peep from anything non-domestic.

Well, I should leave, I will try a bit later before going to bed. Tomorrow will be my last day of chemio. Today was rather good with no vomiting at all, but I was tired otherwise and sleeped 2 hours this afternoon, despite afternoon not being a good time if you're into DX'ing and are more energic at night, then it can disturb the next day, if it's not Saturday or Sunday next.

Be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu in Montreal (Pierrefonds)

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom