[HCDX] Radio New York Worldwide, WNYW

Hi,

I am Svenn Martinsen of Norway.

This concerns Radio station Radio New York Worldwide, WNYW, a favorite radio
station of the 60s and early 70s, broadcasting from Scituate, MA until 1979.

With reference to
http://www.northernstar.no/wnyw.htm
and
http://www.northernstar.no/wnyw2.htm

I would like to ask any of you if you are aware of any
pictures/illustrations of the WRUL/WNYW/WYFR Shortwave Operation at
Hatherley Beach, Scituate(1937-1979) that could be used on the mentioned
site.

The excellent essay and presentation linked to above is written by Lou
Josephs, formerly of that station. There is also a small school essay from
1969 written by myself.

Looking for pics of both the transmitter house and antennas, and if possible
an indication of where Hatherley Beach would be on the map.

I think it is fairly obvious where the approximate location must have been
if you use mapquest.com and seek out "Scituate, MA" and "Hatherley Road".

best regards

Svenn Martinsen
former WNYW listener in Norway

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.