[HCDX] Venezuela-1110 log

Hello to all of you !

A shorter message this time. This early evening noted WUHN-1110 wich replaced the Spanish domestic in Pittsfield, MA (it was them not the RI one - new here, but it's heard nightly, it's the only time I stuck around for an ID) as well as Radio Carúpano (the only Latin that was reliable). On SW got Argentina and Italy on 6060 strong, but with extreme QRM. Here is the log:

1110 VENEZUELA, YVQT, Radio Carúpano, Carúpano, Sucre SEP 3 2354 - Strong for about 1 minute with sporting event, probably beisbol. Rapid-fire announcer, mention of Barcelona; slightly over WBT. Then both lost to WUHN. At 0001 surfaced again weakly for a few seconds with QRM, and at 0004 slightly stronger than at 0001 with mention of "el segundo". + SEP 4 0307 - lively Latin American music, talk incomprehensible, I thought I heard "radio...". Extremely weak to poor, and for a few seconds even atop WBT wich faded out at times (YVQT faded about the same times, but when both comed back, YVQT was slightly atop for a few seconds). WBT had talk about the evacuation of the Katrina's victims. Also heard was a report from a meteorolog in Colorado who said the Hurricane season didn't even officially begun, and that 6 more Hurricanes will come through until November when the season ends. Then into Coast to Coast talkshow w/ Gypsy Kings intro and with the announcer criticating George W Bush. Taped the 0307 receptions. Maybe tomorrow or Monday, I will encode them in real-audio. (Chiochiu-QC)

6060 ARGENTINA and unID SEP 3 2330 - Tango + man in SP with sports talk (heard a mention of "campionado"). Parallel 15345 not audible, because the Sangean radio is less sensitive above 8 or 9 MHz than on the tropical and lower international bands. Was mixing with woman talk (couldn't ID the language of the second signal because of poor signal and QRM). Second signal not // 6030, so maybe Italy. Poor signals from both w/ splatter from Family Radio 6065. By 2344, it become impossible to hear at all, because Family Radio improoved too much. (Chiochiu-QC)

Sanyo MCD-S830 AM/FM portable with ferrite bar antenna
Sangean CST-818 w/ over 10 meters of long-wire in our interior yard
QTH: Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island), QC

I'm going to try to reinstall the Quantum loop to my Sangean radio and try to find a cord for encoding the WBT/YVQT reception in real-audio tomorrow, I think.

For instance, that's it for now !
I'm gonna try to DX again for a few minutes then have some needed sleep.
Be the good DX stuff with you,
Bogdan Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom