[HCDX] Presumed log of Colombia-1170

Hello to all of you !

When we picked out my mother from work in the DDO/Pointe Clerc border (7 or 8 kilometers from my home QTH in Pierrefonds), after finnishing the last German class (tomorrow there will be an exam followed by a party; I'm not too prepared for it 'cause I missed 4 classes, 3 hours and a half each due to the shock the return of the tumour caused to me), heard this one:

QTH: Driving in Montreal's West Island (in Quebec, Canada)
Equipment: Mazda Protégé's car-radio with whip antenna

1170p COLOMBIA, HJNW, Caracol, Cartagena SEP 1 0137 - 0140 - Presumed ! Heard briefly for about 1 or maybe 2 minutes at almost equal strenght with WWVA with fútbol game. Copied the worlds "el segundo" (heard twice) and "la pelota". Very excited announcer ! Seemed like one of the teams failed to score ! This one is easy, hope to get an ID on it soon ! Also music on 880 behind WCBS and talk seemed Spanish but WCBS way too strong to be sure, maybe YVVM ? Also brief burst of 3-4 sec. of salsa on 910 at 0127 (YVRQ) and Rebelde on 1180 mixing with WHAM at 0141-0142 + weak RVC-530; nothing else. This one was by far the more reliable one !(Chiochiu-car-QC)

I'm a bit stressed because my astonishing Sanyo MCD-S830 needs some alignement. The last time we took it at the Audio/Video equipment repair shop they only repaired the volume control (the tape recording was already repaired), either they didn't noticed and they didn't know how to do it. When you tune from down to up, often you'll hear scratches, the connection with the dial break out, but in the other sense it's excellent with no tuning problems. It is not happening all the times, fortunatly.

Well, I'm going to prepare myself for school, taking a shower, and maybe doing a few minutes of DX'ing on AM to catch Caracol-1170.

That's it for now !
Be the good DX stuff with you,
Bogdan Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.