Re: [HCDX] Democratic Voice of Burma

This was an additional frequency a few months ago, site unknown, but apparently
not Madagascar which is on 17625. I went again to http://www.dvb.no/ and
searched for 15480 but got no results, further confirming my previous
contention that they do not even bother to put their SW schedule anywhere on
their website. Then I went to
http://www.clandestineradio.com/skeds/?PHPSESSID=58915e7e456df665202953fe6103614c

for the ``latest schedule matrix`` but it does not even list DVB at this time,
just a semi-broadcast at 0000-0030 on 5955, and in any event does not show any
transmitter sites whatsoever for any of the stations which are listed! That
however led to CRW`s page about DVB, old reports, and in turn to their own
official schedule page http://www.dvb.no/about/airtime.html ---- but it`s dated
30 March 2004 and of course does not show 15480. The incompetence of this
organization, unable or unwilling to display its own schedule of two hours on
three frequencies accurately, is incredible.

EiBi A-05 does have the 1430 broadcast on 15480, but no info on transmitter
site. However, NDXC, just updated Aug 19, has the answer:
15480 DEM.VOICE OF BURMA 1430-1530 1234567 Burmese Tashkent 200 125 UZB
6909E4113 DVB May28-
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- Jouko Huuskonen <jouko.huuskonen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just noted the sign on of the Democratic Voice of Burma on 15480 kHz at
> 1430 UTC. Reception is fair to good. What´s the  QTH, Julich?
>
> 73
> Jouko Huuskonen
> Turku FINLAND

http://mail.yahoo.com