[HCDX] EWE Antenna

As I mentioned yesterday, my EWE antenna came down. Apparently on the
far end I had it wrapped around a nail and it snapped there. After
looking at the height of the tree limb, I thought this will not be easy
as the Alder tree has grown a bit in the past few years. I climbed the
double ladder and after attaching a weight on the end of the wire,
pushing the weight on top with a 10 foot pole, I was able to easily push
it over the branch. Fairly easily anyway. It is all back working great.
The wire looks a bit rough, so I called The WireMan in SC again and
ordered another 200 feet of the copperclad #13 to replace that with too.
I can connect it to the end and just pull it through, so no more
climbing the ladder and all. I still can climb trees and all, but at 56,
I am not a kid anymore and it takes a bit more.I was going to try the
slingshot I bought, but the branches are too close together and the
weight of the #12 is fairly heavy.
   I pulled up my radials yesterday for the vertical and then buried 14
or them so far and it works pretty well. I want to add the other 16 in
time, but I wanted to get something going. Digging little trenches in
the ground a couple inches deep through blackberry brambles was not too
easy. My fingers tell me that today. hi.
    I can easily say though without a doubt, the hundreds of hours I
have spent redoing antennas is sure worth it. But it does take a lot of
work.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin