Re: [HCDX] Wire antenna suggestions

Hi everyone,

First thanks for all of your advice. Someone told me about "The Wire
Man" out of SC, so I called them about the copperclad stuff. The lady I
talked to was very knowledgeable on what I needed. They sell #13
stranded copperclad insulated wire by the thousands of feet to Hams and
DXers that need to run long spans without the support.The wire is pretty
light, less than half of the #12 solid that I am using. The break
strength of the #12 is 200 pounds and the #13 copper clad is rated at
500 pounds. The chances of this breaking period is very low. It is easy
to solder and it fairly flexable to use. It is 18 cents a foot up to 500
feet. I ordered 400 feet and I should have it in a week or so. I will
pass along how it goes. Unfortunately it only comes with black
insulation. I wanted white as it would not show up much, but the gal
told me, up in the air it can hardly be seen. So hopefully it will work
out ok.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin