[HCDX] Insider's views

Hi

Continuing the thread on French media, I think I'm entitled to have my say,
being 46 years old and a long time user of my native country's radio and TV
networks.

The public TV channel France 2 and the public Radio France Inter are
undoubtedly Left-orientated but interestingly they also tend to follow the
government-or should I say the establishment's- pre-packed philosophy in
certain fields such as French Diplomacy, European Constitution , America
Bashing, French Arm Sales ("nothing to see, please move on !"), Support to
30 year-old African dictatorships (Gabon , former Zaire, 1970's
Centrafrique) , Nuke testing in the Pacific, etc..

The media have been shockingly biased in favour of the soon-to-be-buried EU
Constitution serving a vision which was nothing but elite propaganda.This
was less visible on private radios such as Europe 1 (183 khz) which hosted
numerous phone-in programmes that gave the opportunity to scores of
Eurosceptics to express their views.
The most scandilizing bit in the public sector was the 1930 show on France
Inter every saturday about European Construction which reminded me of the
Radio Tirana of the mid seventies.

The defeat of the Paris Application to the 2012 Olympic Games saw the media
re-united in a frenzy of UK Bashing that only faded away at the news of the
horrible London blasts.

Finally no media seriously challenges our shafeful pro-arab policy (Chirac
embracing Assad in the wake of September 11th) and our disgusting tolerance
towards Putine , the exterminator of countless innocent Chechen civilians.

Feel free to remove this contribution if you deem it too offensive but
remember I'm French so I know about my country media's shortcomings.

Cheers de Pat

--

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom