Friday evening around 0200 UTC I started
listening to a Peruvian station on 1258.392 kHz
with "transmisiónes de prueba" =
test-transmissions. The station is not listed on
SW or MW but I found a shortwave logging in
"Dateline Bogotá 1994" by Henrik Klemetz:

"6544.7 PERU. R Centinela, Huancabamba, new stn
with slogans such as "la voz de los éxitos", and
also "la voz de las Guarinjas", July 22, 2256
with Ecuadorian pasillos.".

Dateline Bogotá 1994:
http://homepage.sverige.net/~a-0901/Dline94.htm

I have to check out if something is going on at
6819 kHz R. LV de Las Huarinjas and the other
Huancabamba stations on shortwave. Centinela had
a program with both Peruvian and Ecuadorian
music. At second "37" ID´s x2 + "...transmision
de prueba...".

Comments, photos and recordings at:
http://www.malm-ecuador.com

Correo Yahoo!