[HCDX] BBC World Service continues transmission in Singapore

[HCDX] BBC World Service continues transmission in Singapore

BBC World Service continues transmission in Singapore
(06 July 05)

Singapore's MediaCorp Technologies and the British Broadcasting Corporation
(BBC) have renewed their partnership for the transmission of BBC World
Service 88.9FM in Singapore.
Under the agreement, MediaCorp Technologies will continue to provide
technical services to the BBC indefinitely.
The BBC World Service 88.9FM has been transmitting in Singapore since 1976
and it reaches an audience of 300,000 people every week.
For the last 10 years, MediaCorp Technologies has been the company
responsible for the transmission of the BBC World Service in Singapore.
It receives the BBC programme 'live' from London via satellite and
transmits the FM radio waves to Singapore instantaneously.
BBC Chairman, Michael Grade, said: "This association with Singapore has
flourished over 30 years. This is the first place that we switched to FM.
There's a kind of deep-rooted sense of history about our association and
we're delighted to be renewing this contract to carry on broadcasting the
world service." (ABU Website)

Best regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN
E-65, GOURHANGA, GHORAMARA