Re: [HCDX] Wantok 7120

Don and all,

Wantok 7120 was heard here again around the same time with an S5 signal,
but again, so noisy with the atmospheric conditions. Lightening in
Eastern Oregon. Wantok seems to be quite common, which I am surprised
for only 1 KW. But being on the coast, it is a water path. Most of the
other PNG stations are common also. I remember back in the early 70s
when Radio Mount Hagen was on (I believe from memory) 2450 khz with 250
watts, they would come in here weakly.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin