[HCDX] R-1000

Greetings, fellow listees:

Back in the 'eighties, Peter Jennings occupied the London desk of ABC
evening news. He had a segment on the broadcast most nights.  This was  before he
took over the main anchor desk for "World News Tonight".

On each broadcast, on the table behind him, at his left shoulder,  was a
familiar piece of hardware. I recognized it as a Kenwood R-1000, and  wrote him
(or his editors) a letter asking if it were, indeed, a Kenwood.

An editor wrote me back saying it was, indeed, a Trio R-1000. He also said  I
was very observant, and thanked me for watching.

Result: they quickly removed the radio from the telecast.

Bill Wildes
Homewood, Alabama