[HCDX] Re: T2FD THE FORGOTTEN ANT.

He's referring to my article on the T2FD (Tilted, Terminated Folded Dipole)
on the hard-core-dx.com site:
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/wire/t2fd.html

This is a tried-and-true nonresonant antenna design, known for its low noise
receiving characteristics and even impedance over a wide frequency range.
The resistor (opposite the feedpoint) is a critical component for achieving
good results with the T2FD. Some have called the T2FD a "squashed
rhombic"... another antenna design that includes a resistor to operate
properly. The popular Beverage antennas (such as I use these days) also need
a terminating resistance if you want to reduce signals and QRM off the back
side.

There is a Barker & Williamson (B&W) commercial version of this antenna
suitable for transmitting, and it is rated 2kw PEP. The cost is around $350
US, and it is suitable for 1.8 to 54 MHz use. See:
http://www.bwantennas.com/ama/fdipole.ama.htm  I don't know what B&W has
done to achieve a patent on this, but it is essentially a T2FD antenna.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA