[HCDX] Logs and QSLs from NH-USA, week ending Feb.26.

3230, SITE?(S.Africa-? Lesotho-?), (P)SWR Africa,
*0301-0312, Feb.26, Indigenous music at s/on w/
announcer b/w mx bits. Music w/ brief announcer at
0308. Poor/very weak under static, not much too work
with. (Barbour-NH)

4976, UGANDA, (P)R.Uganda, 0316-0323, Feb.26,
Vernacular, Nice mix of native music; drums and
chorus'. Struggling to stay awake so didn't stick
around for ID. Poor/fair at best with het from
4975-Peru. (Barbour-NH)

7430, GREECE, Filia Radio via Vo Greece, 1945-1958*,
Feb.22, English, Int'l news at t/in re Oregon-USA
assisted suicide law, Iraq, Noble Prize nominees.
GK/EG IDs at 1949 w/ freqs 107 FM and 665 MW mentioned
and "You have been listening to Filia Radio (from-?)
the VO Greece". Bubble-gum pop music until the plug
was pulled at 1958. Fair. (Barbour-NH)

9675, UNITED KINGDOM-?, "The Voice-Africa",
2028-2059*, Feb.24, English, Prg. "Reflections" (also
noted as Sunday Nite Reflections and World Wide
Reflections) w/ contemporary religous music and talks
re Psalm 20:4-5. Several lengthy ID announcements
mentioning test transmission from the UK and requested
those listening to contact thevoicethree@xxxxxxx and
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx UK POB 3040 address mentioned at
prg's end. Fair. (Barbour-NH)

9965, ARMENIA, VO Armenia, 1858-1945*, Feb.22,
Armenian-?/German/English, YL in unid lang. at t/in,
IS/ID and GM service from 1905-1925 then EG w/
IS/ID,"This is Yerevan" and news re anniversary of
Armenian genocide, visit from NATO big-wig and
commentary re Azerbaijan. Contact info, music at
s/off. IDed as "EG-WS of VO Armenia" and "Public Radio
of Armenia". Fair. (Barbour-NH)

QSLs:

BULGARIA, 7500, R.Bulgaria, f/d, "Zheravna
architecture" card, "Happy Spring" card from Radio
Sofia, and a red and white Martenitsas tassle and form
letter explaining the Bulgarian folk tale of its
origin regarding the arrival of spring. This in 61
days for 1 IRC. (Barbour-NH)

RUSSIA, VO Russia, Receieved a small package from the
VO Russia containing a "Russian Christmas" CD and
personal letter from Sofia Berezhkova thanking me for
participating in VOR's anniversary project (I answered
a survey at their website) and informing me I was one
of the winners. A list of the 75 winners can be found
at their website. (Barbour-NH)

Scott R Barbour Jr-Intervale, NH-USA
R75, 200' Beverage antennas.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail