[HCDX] DX TIPS

DX TIPS

DW-WORLD.DE Goes Mobile:
(16 February' 05)
On the subway, in the hotel or at home on the sofa, you can stay up to date
with DW-WORLD.DE's free mobile content on you PDA, Pocket PC or other
handheld device.

The new mobile content is another way DW-WORLD.DE users' can keep up with
current events wherever they are. Users can always stay up-to-date by
receiving reliable online content on their mobile devices in their choice
of English, German, Spanish, Portuguese for Brazil, Arabic, Russian and
Chinese. "This new way of spreading information is going to keep our users
even better informed," said Guido Baumhauer, DW-WORLD.DE Editor-in-Chief.
"We want to get more people excited about the chance to receive DW-WORLD.DE
content when they're on the go."

A media moving forward
Receiving information via handheld devices is a growing phenomenon. About
80 percent of the 293 million cellular network users in Western Europe
owned a device that let them access the Internet while away from a computer
in 2004, according to a study conducted by the Forrester market research
group. There are about 38 million people who used handheld devices for
Internet access at least once a month and the trend is growing, the survey
reported. "Handheld devices are establishing themselves in emerging and
developing countries as an important alternative to landline connections,"
said Holger Hank, editorial director for DW-WORLD.DE. "By going mobile we
can reach people in places that, for the foreseeable future, have a lack of
telephone service and who would have otherwise been unable to get
DW-WORLD.DE information."

Two ways to receive news
DW-WORLD.DE currently offer two different ways of getting mobile news and
information. Users with browser-enable devices can go directly to the site
http://mobile.dw-world.de/english and see a version of DW-WORLD.DE Web
pages optimized for handheld use. Any handheld device, with or without
browsing capabilities, can take advantage of a service from AvantGo, a DW
partner, that synchronizes users' PDA or Pocket PC with DW-WORLD.DE via a
computer connected to the Internet. The content can then be accessed at no
cost wherever and whenever readers choose. Stored news is updated each time
the mobile devices are synchronized. "Our goal is to keep people as well
informed as possible -- no matter where they are," Baumhauer said. "This is
our first step in the mobile world, and there will definitely be more to
come. We're proud of the mobile content that we provide and especially of
the variety of languages we offer." (Jochen Spangenberg (sms) via DW Website)

Best Regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN
RAJSHAHI-6100, BANGLADESH