[HCDX] BBC Bengali reinvents Dhaka

DX TIPS

BBC Bengali reinvents Dhaka:
What springs to mind when you think of Dhaka? That's the question the BBC
Bengali service is putting to its listeners as part of the week long My
Dhaka series which launches on Saturday 19
February, with live participation from Dhaka. No picture of New York is
complete without the Statue of Liberty; London is famous for Big Ben; and
the Eiffel Tower has become the symbol of Paris. What about Dhaka? The BBC
Bengali service wants listeners to nominate a symbol to represent the city.

The results will be announced towards the end of the My Dhaka week with the
top five landmarks, according to the nominations, becoming the subject of
special features by the BBC Bengali team of reporters. Also as part of the
My Dhaka week, residents of the city are encouraged to share their
favourite recollections of Dhaka, their views of its problems as well as
the things that make them proud of their neighbourhoods  what makes them
special, what makes them home.

Acting Head of BBC Bengali Manoshi Barua said: "We want our audiences in
Dhaka to talk about their neighbourhoods, their para or mahalla.  "If you
have your untold stories, we want to hear from you. "From Kalabagan to
Kafrul, from Banani to Bashabo, write to us in 300 words or less, and BBC
Bengali service will feature the best contributions during the My Dhaka week."

The My Dhaka series will include live broadcasts, discussions and phone-ins
involving celebrity residents and city fathers. It will be broadcast for a
total of one hour every day, between 19 and 24 February, spreading over all
three daily transmissions of BBC Bengali. The duration of the evening
current affairs programme Probaho will be extended by 15 minutes.  BBC
Bengali broadcasts on 100 FM in Dhaka. It also broadcasts on shortwave 25,
31 and 49 metres in the morning and 31, 41 and 49 metres at night.

For audio in Bengali go to bbcbengali.com.
Dhaka residents can write to: PO Box 6079, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212; email
dhakaweek@xxxxxxxxx; or fax 8651 660.

Source : (BBC Press release)

Regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN