Re: [HCDX] April Calendar of World Events

> 6th   Jewish Passover First Day in Israel

Where did you find this list?  Either they didn't check their facts, or it
is taken from a previous year.  The first day of Passover is on April 23.
2005 is one of the rare years when Passover and Easter do not coincide,
because of the leap month in the Jewish calendar.

> 18th  Constituion Day in Canada

April 18, 1982 is the day Canada's Constitution was "patriated" (i.e. the
power of amendment no longer held by the British parliament, as it had been
under the 1867 British North America Act) and proclaimed in effect by the
late Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.  But to my knowledge, this day has
_never_ been celebrated as such in Canada.  I don't even remember any
special observances in 2002 to mark the 20th anniversary of the
Constitution, although there were commemorative coin and stamps issued.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON