[HCDX] Radio Guangdong

Hi all,
Thanks to a message in HCDX around Christmas time I listened to my first ever online transmission, Guangdong Today, ( http://www.wrn.org ) on an Internet station, Radio Guangdong in China. The station asked for greetings ?from the world? because of their celebration of ?55 Glorious Years of Radio Guangdong?. So I sent them my greetings, and in my e-mail I also included a picture of myself in my radio ?chamber?.
Yesterday I got one of the nicest and biggest envelopes I have ever got as a DX-er (48 more or less radio active years).
The content was fabulous: A letter from the director, two nice calendars picturing ?The Year of the rooster?, two CD-records with ?Touching Melodies? and ?Sentimental String? (very nice Chinese music and songs) and a DVD with lots of interesting stuff: A live greeting in English by the director, a slide with the ?Greetings from Overseas Audiences? (including ?yours sincerely? ? first time ever on a DVD!), the History of Radio Guangdong and live pictures from the anniversary party.
I also got a QSL card, but it included no details, evidently because I had listened to them via their streaming audio. All together a really nice and interesting surprise, thanks to HCDX! You can watch their English service website: www.radio-gd.com/English and write to radioguangdong@xxxxxxxxxxxx .
73 from Björn Fransson, DX-ing on the island of Gotland, Sweden

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/