[HCDX] Re: MW DX in Somalia

   Hello  Mauno:  I  remember your name from a few years back, you needed
   help  getting  a  QSL  or  something? Please I want to make it CRYSTAL
   CLEAR  that  this is not directed to you Mauno! Mauno, I am in a tough
   spot  here,  I  get  asked by groups that print and sell DX list, etc,
   WRTH, PWBR, etc asking fo DX info.

   Please,  I do not want to sound rude, I can not understand why a group
   of DXers would contribute DX news to a published list, only to have to
   buy  that  "Free" information back. I never see these for profit lists
   giving back to the hobby, even though DXers giving you the information
   free, it is turned around and sold back to them!

   Then,  if  a  DXer  uses that free DX info without the published lists
   approval,  the  fighting  starts!  Get  the  message  you own NOTHING!
   Another  issue, is that the for profit lists, use the info on the free
   lists as they see fit, they take this DX info we have sent to the free
   list  and  then  sell  it back to us. When DXers send info to the free
   lists,  I think it is given that that info is "Free To All". I can not
   speak  for other contributors to the free lists, only for myself, I do
   not  wish  the  info  I  send  to  the  free  list  used for profit. I
   contribute  to  the free list because I beleive in sharing DX news for
   free,  ridiculous  to  consider  myself as a volunteer to a for profit
   businees.

   I  really  do think it is time we stop taking it up the yang, and tell
   you  "For  Profit"  list  were  to park! I am so tried of the bitching
   about  Glenn  Hauser, Jeff White, John Arthur, give us all a break and
   S.T.F.U

   The  REAL  BAD  GUYS  are  those  my shit don't stink original NUer's.
   You"ll get your Equatorial Guinea QSLs from me when hell frezzes over.

   And that's all I have to say about that.

   So  Muano,  with  all  due respect, I can not offer WRTH the info they
   desire, WRTH can deal will the editors of the "Free Lists"

   You  must  agree  it  is all very strange to ask someone for something
   free,  then  turn  around  and  sell  it back to them! There is an old
   Somali  saying:  "Haben  Baan  Dhasayey  Bal  Se!  Haley Ma Dalaan! In
   English: "I Was Born In The Night! But Not Last Night!

   In  recent days you questioned the MW //'s to Dijibouti SW. What can I
   say  man,  I heard what I heard and saw what I say. I encourage you to
   back  your backs, fly to London, connect in Dubai to Djibouti City and
   listen  for  yourself!  Oh, please remember to bring a few extra bucks
   for  a  armed bodyguard. I will NEVER contribute to a publication that
   makes money from free DX news!

   There is nothing worse then selling something "public" back to it came
   from.  When I can I will send news to HCDX, Cumbre DX, DXLD and DSWCI.
   I  DO  NOT  GIVE  my  permission  for  any "FOR PROFIT" group to us my
   contributions.

   For  those  that  I have upset, TOUGH, save your words, I AM RIGHT AND
   YOU ARE DEAD WRONG!!!! What do you ever give back to the hobby, zilch!
   Would'nt  it be nice to buy a few dated HF Amatuer Radio Transceivers?
   Nah, that cuts into to bottom line...
     Joe Talbot VA6JWT, 6O0JT (6 Oscar Zero JT)
     Home:
     Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
     N: 52-16-18 W: 113-48-46.
     Grid: DO32cg.