[HCDX] 4780 RTD Djibouti on air today March 18th.

DJIBOUTI   4780 Thanks to a tip of Thorsten Hallmann in Austrian news group
A-DX of 1736 UT, RTD Djibouti is back on 4780 kHz TB tonight. Scheduled
0300-2000 [Fris- 2200 only, acc to WRTH 2005, but RTD left the air at 2000
UT today - even now we have Friday tonight ! ]

Signal is  m u c h  disturbed in southern Germany by an UNKNOWN UTE signal
nearby, so no reliable MP3 recording could be made yet. Monitored around
1800-2000 UT.

Bad reception released on both, Kenwood and Sony rxs, even in SYNC mode.

AOR 7030 set used in SYNC lowerband flank mode at around 4779.6 kHz and set
Pass Band Shift to plus 2.1 kHz, in order to listen in an agreeable sound.

50 kW tropical band tx and a MW tx on 1116 kHz is a gift of US propaganda
organization BBG-IBB to Djibouti in return:

"was supposed to have been built by IBB as part of the deal to establish the
1431 Radio Sawa station [US 600 kW super power propaganda station to SDN,
ETH, ERI, audience wb.]" - see Chris Greenway's mail below.

Existing tropical band antenna has been refurbished already. Envisaged final
opening date was May 2004, but postphoned to March 2005 lately.

73 wb