[HCDX] Update: Wantok Radio Light (PNG) Status

I recently asked Joe Emert for another update on the planned Wantok Radio
Light project (7120 kHz) in Papua New Guinea; they are evidently behind
schedule as many new radio station operations are. The target date is now in
the period from late May to early June (prior target was early March). Mr.
Emert shared the following excerpt from the calendar of an HCJB engineer who
is overseeing the installation:

"May 5-28 Shortwave team from Elkhart is here to install and commission the
Shortwave.

May 29-June 10 I travel to Rabaul, Lae, Goroka, and Lalibu to install the
first remote FM transmitters. This schedule is predicated on the
understanding that two of these sites have multiplexers and we won't need to
install antennas.

Jun 11 Celebration of the commencement of shortwave and the first FM
stations. This will be held in the highlands. More details are pending but I
wanted you to know so you can mark your calendars that this is the plan at
this time."

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA