[HCDX] New International Radio Station From Europe

A new radio station is set to launch this April broadcasting from the
heart of Slovakia to central Europe via a network of AM/FM
transmitters. It will also be able to be heard further a field via
Sky Digital and the Internet.

At the start of the year we heard rumours of a new European based
station, and I guess we thought it was a hoax. There is often talk on
the various radio forums about new International stations
broadcasting from the high seas or beamed from the Netherlands -
which never happen, and we could have easily dismissed this one too

However this new station is real and will be broadcasting from Poprad
in Slovakia. Strange place you may well ask? - OK so it wouldn't be
an obvious choice. However the team behind RTI have spent several
months planning such a service - headed by Media Guru - Eric
Wiltsher.

RTI - Radio Tatras International will offer international programming
all originating and uplinked from the UK. The station is licensed by
Ofcom with output servers based in the UK, as well.

RTI will also have local affiliate stations around Europe who will
focus on providing the best news, travel, weather services at the
times when it's most important to do that.

Each affiliate will all have studios of there own.

RTI is set to launch on April 9th.
Prelimary - Schedule Details:

Weekdays
06.00 - 07.00 - Quality Cultural programming 07.00 -
09.00 - Local and International Breakfast from R.T.I. All local
affiliates to R.T.I. will operate their own breakfast show with a
family breakfast show aired on satellite and the internet.
09.00 - 12.00 - The R.T.I. Vault
The best music from the 60's through till the present day.

12.00 - 14.00 - Lunchtime on R.T.I.

On both the local opt-outs and International service of R.T.I.,
lunchtime will feature a mix of music and news.
14.00 - 17.00 - More from the R.T.I. Vault
17.00 - 19.00 - Homeward Bound

Homeward Bound, in keeping with RTI breakfast - local opt outs to help
Europeans get home combined with the best music.   19.00 - 20.00 -
Quality Cultural programming

Evenings -

A range of programmes from the latest European Country Music chart
countdown, through to the chrome and mirrors of Disco from the 70's,
80's and 90's, Classic Rock will also feature on R.T.I. as will
special Top 40 Gold shows. Just some of those producing special shows
includes:
 * Top 40 Gold - twice a week by Fiona Wiltsher.
 * The Rock Box - Unashamed European Rock Queen Pandora brings her Rock
Box to R.T.I. every week.
 * The Very Best Of Country Music - Lee Williams
 * The Alternative Premier League and Euro-sports round up with Mandy
Segall.
 * The Album Zone with Johnny Reece
 * Chris Reardon's Club Classics
 * Macers Musical Memories - Ian Macer
 * Jodie Scott
 * RTI's Folklore - Adam
 * The Award Winning MediaZoo - Eric Wiltsher

Through The Night on RTI -

Radio Caroline

Weekends -

Weekends on RTI will be wall-to-wall music. In fact You'll Never Be
More Than Sixty Seconds Away from music on the RTI weekender - Less
news more fun when you're driving around Europe.

The final weekend line-up of presenters is still being finalised.
However, OMR will be producing shows for the weekend and again
Through The Night will be Radio Caroline. The above is a
representative schedule and subject to change.

Weblink: www.rti.fm

Via The Radio Newsletter