[HCDX] RE: [AMFMTVDX] 555khz St Kitts logged in WI !

Congratulations, John! ZIZ is easy pickins' here on eastern Long Island, but
it's got to be tough so far inland. Glad your efforts finally paid off. From
here, I can here them just about any night, although I can listen to them
for
hours and hours without hearing an ID. Way to go, John

John, N2BFJ

>Subject: [AMFMTVDX] 555khz St Kitts logged in WI !

>I've been chasing them for years but now I got 'em!

>ZIZ Radio, St Kitts, 555khz, 0451z October 2, 2004

>I got very lucky in that the best audio came through right when they were
>giving a long ID.  Heavy slop from Chicago on 560khz. Several mentions of
"Zed
>eye zed radio" with telephone number and address given.

>Clip: http://members.aol.com/j999w/DX/555khz_ZIZ_StKitts.wav  (424kb,
>52seconds). Recorded directly to the hard drive of my 233mhz PC using
CoolEdit2000
>software.

>This is my noise reduced, filtered clip.

>I did use the Palstar MW550P tuner with the Icom R71a. It certainly helped
as
>far as being a pre-amp, but unsure whether it really reduced the QRM or
not.
>Antenna was a 15x50 ft unterminated EWE (haven't finished terminating it
yet)
>?... the QRN was a little less on that antenna, so that's why I used it. Am
>having trouble with my phasing box, so this a 'one antenna' logging.

>Whoo hooo !

>John Wilke
>K9RZZ
>Milwaukee, WI