[HCDX] Re: unID on 5925 kHz (still a ???)

Hi Robin et al, been doing a bit of research on your 5925 station. Monitored
last night, carrier switched on at 2230 and straight into prayers (sounded
like the program was already in full swing), read by YL, then some words in
presumably Arabic and a screeching French horn sound. Prayers were for Iraq,
interspersed with religious music (like "Hallelujah Chorus" etc.). At 2252
OM took over the reading but the content was heavy going! One thing I can
say is it is NOT FBN (WBOH), I checked WTJC on 9MHZ and the webcast, plus
WBOH was heard faintly on 5920. Signals were 5bD over 9 here and constant,
which indicates to me that the transmitter site is in Europe somewhere. Only
religious info I could find ont eh web for 5925 was a broadcast from HCJB
relayed by Germany but this was not HCJB! The YL voice sounded familiar (may
be Sharon Blodgett of 'Perfect Gift Ministries'? They may have started
broadcasting on SW again). I listened until 2320 and heard nothing close to
an ID, so it still remains a mystery but hopefully the more facts we get the
better chance we have of Identifying this one.

73 Sean

Thanks for the sugestion. I thought you had my mystery solved for a
while there...?
I'm hearing it again now (Tuesday 22.35 utc - 27th,April). Also, I
heard it again for a couple of hours yesterday. But no ID has been
heard as of yet???
Plus it is definitely on 5925 kHz and not 5920, so as of this moment
in time I am still unsure...
If I do get an ID then I'll log it here on "Shortwave" first.

> That could have been WBOH out of Newport, NC. Tis on from 1200
GMT to around 1000 GMT. Power is about 50 kw. It is a religous
broadcaster.
> Can anybody help me ID this broadcaster please..??
> 5925 kHz, English. unID, Christian Ministry with songs and
readings.
> Mainly praying for Iraq when I first tuned in at 22.40 utc
(Sunday
> 25th,April.2004).
> A good sinpo rating of 45444 here in Guernsey, Chan. Isles. (UK)

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.