[HCDX] 7260 Unidentified from NH-USA, April 26

7260, UNIDENTIFIED, 0956-1057, April 26,
French?/English, Diverse, vernacular musical styles;
ballads, pops and choral chanting. YL in presumed
French b/w selections. Brief "seagull" sounding
bird-call w/ drums at 1018, then banter b/w YL and OM.
Drums again at 1031 and loud pip. Beginning at 1039
was 80's US pop music with songs from Whitney Houston
and The Thompson Twins w/ the YL announcer between
selections. Gone at 1057 for O/C and co-channel
R.Thailand IS/ID at 1100. The signal was weak but
steady with mild USB chatter and static on occasion,
slowly fading out after 1030.

I think (and hope) this was Vanuatu but it was too
weak to ID and I am unsure if the "seagull" sound I
heard was the "Yellow Bird" IS. There are two Radio
Vanuatu audiofiles at intervalsignals.net with IDs in
Bislama, French, both w/ flute music, but no "Yellow
Bird". I meant to wake up early this morning, April
27, and try again but slept too late. I need a
recorder! Any and all ideas/comments are
welcome.(Barbour-NH)

Scott R. Barbour Jr-Intervale,NH-USA
R75, MLB-1, RS longwire w/ RBA balun.

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.