[HCDX] Unid. Carrier on 4960

UNIDENTIFIED 4960, 1045-1105, testing of Catholic Radio Network, Vanimo PNG?
Thanks to tip from Craig Seager-OZ ARDXC via Jerry Berg, I also noted an
open carrier on 4960 this morning, Apr. 20. I spot-checked timed recordings
from both receivers and found an open carrier beginning at 1015. The OC grew
steadily in strength to 1044, when it began to change to a raspy, buzzy
quality, then off at 1045. A strong, clean carrier began again at 1053 and
was continuous to 1105 when my RecAll Pro's recordings finished. I had
intended to record to 1205 but I had set the software's timer incorrectly;
will check again through 1200 tomorrow. The OC was strong enough to be heard
on the East Coast USA, in my estimation. (Atkins-WA)

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
Modded RA6790GM & R75
Kiwa MAP / ERGO / DSP-59+
700 ft. E-W Beverage

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.