Re: [HCDX] external antenna on Sony ICF-SW7600GR

Roger Duym wrote:
In the user guide is mentioned that you only can use Sony external antenna's;
is it possible to connect long wire or a loop antenna to this connector . If so what type of jack do they use ( the same as for the ICF-SW77 ?)

On my by now pretty old 7600 I have a special Sony external antenna -- which is nothing but a thin copper wire of some 7 meters of length. It has a smart little clip in the end, which anyone could add themselves.
Anyhow, with a proper connector (in the older 7600 a mini phono) you should be able to add just about any kind of wire you wish. Wouldn't affect the receiver, except is you add to much wire, when the receiver would start to overload due to getting too much signal.
A loop might work, haven't thought about that. Other ways of using loops on portable receiver is to put the receiver "inside" the loop and get the signals across by inductive coupling -- more on this at the Antenna section on the HCDX web site.

Hermod Pedersen, HCDX Web Editor
<http://www.hard-core-dx.com/>

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.