[HCDX] Re: Qinghai PBS 4750 EE id

After my first logging (see below) I monitored 4750 almost daily
around 1400-1430 to see if I could get this English ID again. But
the cx has been rather poor. Today 13 Jan their signal improved
a bit and at 1359 UT there was again a female with English id.
It was no armchair reception, but I managed to hear what sounded
like "Qinghai Broadcasting Station" then possibly list of frequencies.
The one I mentioned earlier as 4150 might as well be said as 4950,
but doesn't sound like 4750. Maybe someone with good reception
of this one could confirm the ID. At my location there is at times
severe Russian SSB traffic on the channel, blocking it totally.
There is also a growling carrier on 4750, which at times I believe
gives some audio, but cannot tell the language.
73
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

-------
On 4 Jan 2004 I wrote:
-------

Qinghai PBS 4750 EE id

>On 4 Jan at 1415 I tuned to 4750 just to hear what must be the last
>words of English ID "and (on) shortwave four-one-five-ou" by female.
>Then back to Chinese program. The station is (p) Qinghai PBS,
>Xining, China. Note that she said "one" instead of "seven", must be a
>mistake of the announcer. First time I heard English from this station.
>At 1500 the signal was rather weak with ute-qrm, so no luck for ID then.
>Jari Savolainen
>Kuusankoski
>Finland

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.