[HCDX] Re: two new logs from the past night

Also unID SS on 900 with over extremely-weak CUBA (probably YVMD mara Ritmo 900 in Venezuela) and 830 YVLT Radio Sensacíon (presumed with YV soneras).
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 12:40 PM
Subject: two new logs from the past night

Hello !

As some of you who are on LatinMWDX already know, I did experience a fair opening around mid-night. Logged two new ones from myself: a domestic wich make TX my 22th state and a new cuban for me on 900 in // with 890. I planed to log Texas tonight and knewed WBAP is very regularly heard in the New England area and WTFDAer Tim Cronin did encourage me to get WBAP by saying it is my best bet for TX. Thank you Tim, very mcuh appreciated ! Nulling out WTIC proved to be very easy despite their strong signal, but did hear NOTHING in their null. Too bad KRLD protect them. I will try for WOAI when CFGO's sky-wave gets wipped out by aurora as the bearing to TX is in the opposite direction of the Ottawa ground-wave signal on 1200. I tryed for WOAI San Antonio in November during an auroral evening when I heard easily Radio Tiempo from Venezuela on this channel, but the AU condx ended up too son and around mid-night when I still was awake there was too much CFGO to make WOAI loggable, so I must need a very deep aurora to get San Antonio on 1200. I think the best month for deep auroras to occur will be March !

I will really like to hear what the Clear Channel flag-ship station sounds like in Mtl during the optimum condx. Sheldon Harvey; did WOAI comes in several times a season at your QTH in Greenfield Park. How strong Ottawa's The Team (CFGO) is at your QTH ?

Well, here are those logs now:
(QTH: Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada)
(Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 w/ it's ferrite bar antenna)

820 WBAP Forth Worth, TX  FEB 01 2343 EST - with the radio aimed west-east as to null out next to adjacent local CJAD; with WBAP mention getted thrught an unID Country music domestic + FEB 01 2347 EST - announcer talked and mentionated Forth Worth, then man on the phone talking with the announcer; possible mention of Columbia. Poor fading over/under the C&W domestic wich was VERY poor to good. New and 1st from Texas.  (Chiochiu-QC)

900 Cuba, CMKP Radio Progreso, Cacocum  FEB 02 0452 UTC - light cuban mx in // with 890 and 640. Weak with XEW also pretty poor + FEB 02 0407 UTC - Salsa followed by several american pops (including "Unbreak my Heart" by Tony Braxton). Extremely weak at that time, but easily //ed with 890 wich had a very good signal ! (Chiochiu-QC)

Fair reception from Guadeloupe-640 with WNNZ and remaints of nulled Mojo Radio; also excellent reception FROM RVC-530 and the new Dominican on 600 did ID with "(something) seis-cientos" similar to what David E. Crawford noted.

That's it for now !,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Chiochiu