[HCDX] RRI Denpasar

Hi Max

>It is always difficult with Indonesian stations. I paid a visit to the director of RRI Kupang during  a trip several years ago. I had sent >them quite some follow up's, without a reply. During the visit,the director promised me to send the QSL to my home-adress. >However, no reply ! After two more follow up's , finally a QSL arrived, about one year after my visit........

Yeah I'd be a rich man if I had a dollar for every follow-up I've written over the years. (Hehe not really) Sometimes you get the odd bolt out of the blue from a past report.

I had a report arrive in the mail from Radio San Martin - 4810 after 5 years & no follow-ups. I'm led to believe that David Foster or Geoff Cosier had a station back after 15 years or so.. can't exactly recall the details, but it seems somebody was going through a draw and found the old reports.

Kenya on 1107 & 1386kHz frustrate me the most. They are rather difficult on MW from Australia and to hear them and not get a reply.. well I tend to want to tear the legs off bush flies.

Seeing Denpasar come back is a real tonic. My follow-up for 1206 kHz is already in the mail. Wish Kupang had of replied too. hehe
Maybe someone is feeling better about life with Magawati in power. Now she must be a friend of DXer's. hahaha

Dave Onley
Melbourne